Kaombo is an ultra-deep offshore project in Angola, Africa. It’s to develop oil deposits spread across six different fields, connected via 300 kilometers of subsea pipelines to two floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels: Kaombo Norte and Kaombo Sul.
Production location: Block 32 offshore Angola in water depths up to 2,000 meters.
Installation by Heerema MC Balder and Technip.
JL NDT consultant scope on behalf of Total E&P
- NDT procedure review
- NDT advisor Total project team
- AUT qualification for double joint scope Tenaris Mexico (Applus)
- AUT qualification for multi-joint and offshore J-lay installation (Applus)
- Auditing AUT WPQ phase
- Auditing execution of general NDT, Manual UT, RT, MT and DPI on various contractor/supplier sites, by a large variety of NDT contractors
- Auditing AUT and general NDT at multi-joint fabrication site and spool fabrication site Port Ambion Angola
- Company Site Representative NDT during offshore installation phase on board HMC Balder
Location: HQ HMC Leiden the Netherlands, Technip Paris and various contractors/suppliers in Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain. Angola