The Baltic Pipe Project allows transport of gas from Norway to the Danish and Polish markets, as well as to end-users in neighboring countries. The project is being developed in collaboration between the Danish gas and electricity transmission system operator Energinet and the Polish gas transmission system operator GAZ-SYSTEM.
JL NDT Consultants provided for the Egtved – Stenderup part on behalf of the ASB Consortium, the AUT and NDT specialist.
- Advising Bunte and Streicher, part of ASB, on all AUT, general NDT, and Visual-weld inspection matters.
- Handling any AUT/NDT or Visual-weld inspection related questions or concerns with pipeline owner Energinet on behalf of ASB.
- Supervising the performance and quality of the project’s AUT/NDT subcontractor, Force Technology and X-ray subcontractor NSK.
- Issuing Technical Queries to Energinet, regarding ambiguous NDT and Weld acceptance specifications, and successful getting the TQ’s approved.
- Reviewing the AUT scans of Force Technology’s ‘‘P-scan’’ AUT.
- Reviewing and auditing the Visual weld inspection performed by NDT contractors.
- Inquiring weld inspection conclusions made by NDT contractor inspectors.
- Reviewing the quality of the X-ray films.
- Reviewing NDT procedures of Force Technology and NSK.